Friday, August 21, 2009

The first poem

This is my favourite among all the poems i've written, if u will forgive the narcissism :)...it speaks about the painful necessity that love is for many of us. The excitement, adoration n even fear that fallin in love with a powerful and exotic person can induce. I've tried to use a bit of the progressive themes that i'm inspired by...

Through the open window floats a voice,

Along with the smell of deep-rooted joys.

And I know you’re finally by my side,

As the breeze still caresses my cheek long after it died.

Then I leave behind my cruel world devoid of pity,

As I let myself fall in your infinity.

I’ve dreamt of you dreaming of me, as the sandman’s yarn is spun,

But reality’s no joy, only a heartless contradiction.

Many a night sky spent, wide-eyed and counting,

A star for every second you’re missing.

While, hiding just out of my field of vision,

You cruelly note how you’ve become my addiction.

You’ve changed the very fiber of what I am,

You’ve made me break every trend, ruin every rhyme.

I hate you for making me love this,

You’ve made me create a new me to deserve this.

What pleasure is it, of which you partake?

When you lord over my soul every second awake?

Powerless I am, disarmed before your specter,

Beneath your smiling visage, I know not of your nature.

Are you for real? Are you truly here?

Or are you an arrested spirit of my rapt fear?

Love can be the best friend, or a powerful foe,

For I cannot live with or without you.

It’s a swirling tempest, drifting in blank nothing,

With loneliness in absence, and destruction within.

The cold poison of ecstasy that sets every cell on fire,

The deprivation that leaves nothing to desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment