Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Listen to the windows

Opeth is 'da shit'! N windowpane's been playin in my mind for the last week...the face of a boy on a window, wad a haunting image...so i decided i'd try something, try to mix senses, bring a lil synesthesia into the picture...this might be horribly good or amazingly bad, lets c...

The train sneaks through the scheming mist,
The night glides in unison with the metal snake.
Steam escapes into the dark with a sinister hiss,
The silent specters swoop slowly in to partake.

I watch through the glass, snug in my illusion,
Observing but how the stars innocently twinkle.
Those pair of eyes watch me with frothy fixation,
As I drink in the region where sleep and wake mingle.

A cold hand yanks me bodily to my present,
I lock eyes with the face that's watching from the window.
The face is familiar, the eyes sing of lament.
There is a heavenly pallor, and a hellish glow.

The windowpane whispers to me a prophecy,
A messenger from the darker cousin of fate.
There is a winged angel coming for me,
Bearing the culmination of all of my hate.

The hands of that face come out of the glass,
They pull me close, into the words in the eyes.
The face tells me what I will be, or what I was,
A personification of my honesty, of my lies.

The train flies over the endless black abyss,
The windswept night, still a spectator silent.
A careful glance shows something amiss,
Where there was once me, a seat is now vacant.

No comments:

Post a Comment